Monday, September 17, 2007

I Can't Believe I Watched The Whole Thing

That's right. I did it. I watched the ENTIRE Emmy broadcast from E!'s Red Carpet coverage to Ryan Seacrest's last sign off.

I did it.

God, was it boring.

For me, the best moment of the evening was the Comedy Central Boys getting their hug on, even though Steve Carell didn't ACTUALLY win the award. That's what you get for not showing up, Gervais! Sucker.

A word of advice for the producers of awards shows. If, by chance, you are planning to have an "unexpected" guest come out of the audience perhaps you should have him NOT walk the red carpet before hand. Kanye I am looking at you. Nerd.

That was almost a funny bit. I think it would have been funnier if it hadn't looked so planned. And if Rainn Wilson had the opportunity to sing different song lyrics instead of repeating those that Kanye had already sung. But, I don't know, I don't watch that Don't Forget The Lyrics show so maybe that's the way it's supposed to work but still. Lame. Although, Kanye making fun of himself with "I never win" WAS hilarious.

Sally Field got censored for slipping a little GD into her anti-war speechifying which is plain ridiculousness. These Standards & Practices guys are maybe getting a little trigger happy. I guess we could continue to blame Janet Jackson's wardrobe "malfunction" but I think it's more virulent than that. Or maybe I'm sensitive.

I don't say much, but when I do have something to say I want the freedom to say it plainly, you know? This whole couching political beliefs in doublespeak so you don't offend anyone is a time waster and a tool for those who would rather waste time arguing semantics than actually taking care of business.

Righto, so anyway.

Yeah I watched it and I've got no other award shows to watch until The Oscars.
And maybe this year we should have a fancy dress up party for The Oscars. Not so much because I think they warrant fancy dress. Just because now I've got the hot, green number from Krista's wedding to wear somewhere and the gold sandals to go with it.

No comments: